There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

In-Cavern Edition Ki-Mail

92 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Visited the cavern during the 8pm east coast timezone, passed out the AGM summary and the CAVCON party ki-mail. Also posted a copy of the party ki-mail in the Guild Pub and the GoMe Hood. Ment to drop back down there during the 8pm PST timezone, but...er, well....I forgot to head back down due to OOC stuff. Sorry!!!

I'll make a trip down there either tommorrow or Friday night during that time. I'll also try to hit the 8pm timezone for Central Europe on Sat.

Lastly, I once again asked explorers to keep their eyes open for Leo in the cavern. I'm planning to send Marten a message to see when the last time they met together in the cavern occured. Maybe he has some idea about Leo's whereabouts?

Just a thought...I'll post an update after my next Crier run.

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

Nev'yn wrote:

I'm planning to send Marten a message to see when the last time they met together in the cavern occured. Maybe he has some idea about Leo's whereabouts?

Marten knows a great deal, but even HE is unclear where Leo might be at this time. wink

On another note, keep up the good work in the cavern with the CCing, Nev!

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Finished CC'ing for the CAVCON party...Hit each of the major timezones. Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Several things:

1. First off, updated the active SE: ki-mails page. (My filing was very overdue.) I was thinking it's also time to update recurring events ki-mail.

2. @Ly: Can I remove the shard Q&A?

3. @Tai: Should I remove the GoH events as they seem to be held only in SL?

4. Passed out a ki-mail and did an announcment for the event "Finding of the Lost Book of Birenni" to give the cavern dweller something "intersting" for the evening.

5. Anyone know if the Ae'gura fracturing issue has been resolved? The city still seems kinda bare, but there always seem to be 1-2 explorers listed in the newest created hoods.

6. Should we add am Uru2U project ki-mail to the list of active ones under GoME tab with the website address...or just SE ki-mail as episodes are released?  Let me know.

7. Lastly, I updated the imagers in both the GoMe hood and pub.

That's it from me! TtyLaterz!!!!

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 2 Mar 2012

Yes, you can remove the shard Q&A.

Also, the city issue should be resolved, except for a few of the new players who should still be stuck in the second city.

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Eh, those alternate timelines will get you every time.... wink

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Dropped down to the cavern an posted on the GoMe pub and hood imagers the GoNG anniversary party...Just an FYI. 

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Ly/Leo: Just added an event post about Planetary's New Year's Eve party. Can one of you approve it sometime today? I'll try head down to the cavern to post the event on the GoMe Hood/Pub imagers, but I doubt I'll be able to do CC'ing for the event.

I will still be doing CC duty sometime next week for the AGM.

(/salute)

Nevyn's Note: Remember to create news posting about Heritage Night resuming after CC'ing for AGM.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Will do CC'ing for the AGM most likely Wed in the CET/EST/PST timezones. I will also try to do a second round on Fri. I'll also make up a SE kimail for the GoW party.

Just an update for everyone.

Edit: SE ki-mail for the GoW party is now posted in the GoMe Hood/Pub. Passed out a few copies to explorers. Will try to do one/two more Crier runs, and make up a ki-mail for the GoArch Fanfic contest. Heritage Night schedule is already posted on the imagers.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Hit all the major explorer timezones around 8:30-9:00 in local time that I could for reminders about the AGM. (Moscow, Central Europe, Eastern & Pacific US)

I'll not be able to do any more CC for the April meeting as I working both tommorrow and Saturday itself.

Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Max: Umm, sorry to be a bother....but I have a few questions. Are you making a news post for this event: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26416

Or,  would you like one of us to make up?

I ask because I use the GoMe news posts as the "frame-work" for matching Cavern Crier ki-mail. The sooner one is created, the quicker the various translators can also create a version in their native language, and I can also start CC'ing for the event.

Again, sorry to be pain.

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger
Iscritto: 28 Gen 2012

@Nev'yn... Thanx for noticing that. Like I said at AGM. This is no Guild associated project!

We are in fact a small working group, planning and making this happen. We make ALL the
contacts with different groupings ourselves We assign ALL participants ourselves. We make
ALL Tiimeplans ourselves... We will also try and get Cyan onboard on this...

Maybe You guessed? We will do ALL the Promoting for this Event Ourselves! In MOULa,
on Facebook, in Second Life.

I've noticed, that to get Anything done around here, you have to DO it Yourself! You are
free to use our promotion PSA's if you wish. Get in touch with Me, Kaaja [X] or Alien and
they will provide you with all needed pre-event info.

Thanx for your interest and I hope to see somebody from the Guild there... at some time...

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Max wrote:
@Nev'yn... Thanx for noticing that. Like I said at AGM. This is no Guild associated project!

@Max: The quote from one of the Guild's founders which I have placed below seems to be a very appropriate response to your comment above.

Andros wrote:
In my mind the GoMe would only publish information that have been asked to be spread in the cavern. Nobody would steal stuff from the organisations. The same system would work for the explorers who want to annonce a public party. The GoMe would make sure the information reaches the largest number of people possible. However the GoMe would have no right to announce a party or a meeting that was not asked to be public. I really consider GoMe as a postal service right now. If you want to give us your letter the GoM, it will be in the system. But the GoMe will not force you to give them your letter.

This is why I waited to get a response from you before making up the news post myself. Your response wasn't very clear...And also didn't take into consideration my own amounts of free time when I was going to do CC'ing. (Which this week was going to be Tues and Thurs for you event...my days off from both work and school.) Instead you waited three days, sent off a snarky reply, and left it at "if you want" to use our materials you can do so. I personally think you have forgotten I am a volunteer who does this on my own time.

Additionally,  I spend about an hour each night before bed searching through forum posts of older members for the history project so the contributions of former Messengers are not forgotten to the sands of time. Currently I'm working on such noteworthys such as Marten and Szark...Just to name two members who have numbing and bone-crushing amounts of posts everywhere. (In additon to GoMe forums, Marten alone has 1873 posts on @Moula,  2263 posts @GT forums, 41 posts @GoW, ect.)

Further, as this is an event for the "International Hood", I have worked with both the Russians and Germans to translate our ki-mails, news posts, and magazinines into their native languages as the posts here will show:

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/forum/topic/russian-translations-ki-mails

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/forum/topic/german-translations

If you wish to critize me for not making up news post for your event for which you are hosting, after I asked if you wished for me to help...Well, all I can tell you is at this point is that I'm pretty much sorry I even asked. As the purpose of your group is to inspire beter relations between international groups, you may wish to post a copy of your event announcement over @ the russian forums here: (http://urulive.ucoz.ru/), as they do not have their own sub-forum on MOULa. As for attending your event, sadly I will be working in RL that day. At this point, as a native Floridian and passport carrying citizen of the Republica de la Concha, I certainly don't feel very welcome.

Please let me know if the group you are representing ever requires Cavern Crier assistance in future.

(/saltue) 

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger

OK Nev'yn.... That was not unfair! I earned that. And I can only appologize that I had the wrong
tone in replying! And it was not meant as a personal critic towards anybody. Sorry, if taken so!

But during these past two weeks I've felt a bit of frustration. Maybe it's just me perhaps. Or maybe
things don't pan out how we'd wish they would. We had the intentions of not making this any Guild
associated project. Thus the wish not announce it as such. I have no idea of how the Cavern Criers
do their work, when they are present, or what they announce. So, sorry if that came out wrong!
I can only appologize for that! But I'm on an european Time Schedule, and I have to addapt to that
accordingly. 

What we (in planning group) can try to do, is to inform on the Forum and In the Cavern as much
as we can when we are there. But these last days there's been severe technical issues.

As it is now, we're unable to send KI Mails, or rather, they are received first the rescepient logs out
and back. So... now we HAVE to rely on Word-by-Mouth- priciple.

I disclose a text below that we finalised only today. I was late when replying you. I was late making
these texts. But better late than never.

I hope it's sufficient. And I hope you can use that, when doing Cavern Crying. Please do so! 

And accept my appology!

/ Max /
------------------------
"Sunday 21st April I.H.P. will arrange a Party and Celebrate the opening of the new International Hood. As it happens, this Day coincides with the D'ni New Year and the day later is the International Mother Earth Day. A sort of lucky coincidence!

We start Sunday morning at 06:00 and continue all day to late night 24:00 something. All anoted times are KI Time! We will have some kind of "Official Opening Cremony" at 12:00 noon in the Hood. Please join us for that! We'll also have some Games, Quiz's etc during the event, besides all Streamed Music of course!

The Link to the Hood will be Public and in Nexus Sunday morning. No Invites or such is needed. You can read the details of this event on the MYST Online Forum... http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26402

Our hope is that this Hood will become a Meeting place. For making New Friends, meeting New Cultures and meeting New Languages! For MOULa IS an international community! And we here are from all corners of the world!

Everybody are most welcome to join in on the Fun And Party!"

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Max: Ok, created a news post and did some editing. Please check it, and make sure it's ok.Going to head down and post it on both the GoMe Hood/Pub Imagers in a bit

I will also do some CC'ing  tonight for the EDT/PDT timezones, and I'll follow this up with CET tommorrow before I head to work.

Also, concerning your "This Month..." article, I wouldn't mind actually passing out ki-mail copies for those who only visit the cavern and not forums. If you decide to keep writing it, I'll take over the editing of that article from the GMs. Let me know if this works for you on both fronts.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

This is a "quick and dirty" update...it's 01:25am EDT, and I'm pretty tired:

• All timezones had at least one 8pm local-timeslot Crier run to remind people about the AGM during the week
  • Also did announcements for the new TCT episode and the DMr's Tim Larkin event
  • IP ki-mals were also posted for both these events in the Guild Hood & Pub

That's it from me...Goodnight!!!

(/salute)

Nev's Note: Oh, and everyone thank Doobes for doin' that Crier run earlier when I was @work!

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

If someone could kindly approve the Eurovision news post on the website this evening, it would be most helpful. The matching ki-mail just got posted on the Guild imagers...(in addition to the CavernTours and Spring Garden Party earlier this week)...I'm hoping to do some CC'ing for both events tommorrow as I'm off work.

Of final note, I'd like to publicly thank Hoikas over @GoW for providing me with a custom copy of WhoM for creating CC ki-mails.

That's it from me with this update.

(/salute)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Did some CC'ing ofr the AGM, will do more tonight. Alsp took a visit to the Pub. There was an odd message there called "Listen To The Words of the Heretic". Anys, here's copy...I'm assuming it's a mysterious IC occurance. Anys, just following the Crier duty to "observe and report" news and happenings.

Ramblings of the Heretic by Jolinda Sacristan Kee:

You have heard many voices. Some you will believe. Others you may doubt

But none of them are to be trusted.

Some have lied by ommission.

Some have uttered propaganda and disinformation.

All have told you part of the truth, but none have told you all of it.

Now, it is time for the truth to be told!

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

As some of you may know, Crier duty has been non-existant as of late due to computer issues on my part...and, well, a lack of major news updates.

Now that my computer is back in working order under full speed, I will now at least pop down to the cavern once a week to visit the pub/hood again, and resume CC runs the week before the AGM. Crier duty beyond this is still up in the air for now, tentatively slated only for "major" happenings.

Just an FYI for the team.

(/salute)

Nev's Note: Whoa! I just realized I've been a Messenger for over two years now?!? Where's my anniversary gift box of signature GoMe(tm) chocolate??? wink

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 2 Mar 2012

Uh... we have celebratory GoMe sugar cubes; would you like those?

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Sugar cubes?!? Darn it Lyrostitor, I'm a Messenger, not a work-horse! cheeky

Anys, on other fronts, at least one Crier run was accomplished before the AGM for each "major" timezone. I have also posted the Christmas Party Hop on the pub imager Sunday night, nothing of interest to report from the imager aside from "random" ki-pics.

Sometime soon I plan to add ki-mails about Guilds of Linguists, DMR/Robyn Miller event, ect...just as soon as I have the time.

That's all from me for now.

(/salute)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Hmm...just realized I didn't post an update last week....

Be that as it may, CC runs were done at least once in the cavern for each major timezone for the Christmas Party Hop on the TOC shard. (And I've heard  it was well attended.) Most of the various events were posted on the imager in the pub/hood. Need to write up something for the GoLinguist, if they still need it.

As tommorrow is a half day for me, I plan to hit all the three major timezones for the Moula Christmas party during the day, plus at least a second run for each during the week at some point as I have time, and perhaps even a timezone I don't "usually" do a crier run for like Russia or Japan if I can manage it.

Lastly, I had plans to try write up a quick 3-5 minute skit for Uru2U as a quick "breaking new" for the party. Sadly, it seems kinda late to do so now, let alone get it filmed. Still if I can get around to it tommorrow, I will...If it's not used, I understand.

That's all for this update. Over and out!

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger

Hey guys. It seems that we'll have a busy WeekEnd ahead of us! I hope you can join in at
some of the events. I'd propably be alternating between my regular avvie, GoMe'Max and
I.H.P:Max... The latter (lazy bugger) is still working on some Games and a Quiz or two for
Sundays Open House. The Info was great, Nev'yn, thanx...

And remember, it's still a "Beanie-Week" or wear a Sanity Hat... and Bring on the Partyyy!

Korovev
Ritratto di Korovev
Council memberTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 7 Apr 2013

Nev'yn wrote:
Need to write up something for the GoLinguist, if they still need it.

I'll update the calendar event for that as soon as I'll have news.

_____

.yimem erTxEmatav tArema erTxEmatav

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Just completed the final CC run for the Gehn Shard holiday party. (12:30 ki-time/8pm CET timeslot) If possible, somebody may want to go down on do a last reminder @18:30 and/or 21:30 for the 8pm EST and PST timezones. I'm working tonight, so can't head down there. Just an FYI.

@Korov'ev: Gratzie!

(/salute)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Note to self: CC runs for HN/OHB event.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

I'll restore the GoMe ki-mails from the GoMe archive via WhoM tonight.

There are a few I'll need to get the GoW to re-add as they're ki-pics.

Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

And done! The recreated KI-mails are now visible on the GoMe imager in the foyer of the "old" GoMe pub.

I've also sent copies to the Guild of Messengers avi, so myself (or Doobes) can send them to any Messenger/Explorer who may need copies. Just post here to let us know...or send PM either here or on the Moula2 forums.

Now, as it's almost 1 am EDT and I work a double tomorrow, I'm off to bed!

(/salute)

P.S. Sent a PM to Hoikas asking him/GOW to add the last few that are KI-pics.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

CC rund where done for both the EDT and PDT pm timeslots for the AGM and MOULAwakening events.

Also passed out some KI-mails. To no surprise, people have mainly been interested in the KI-Device more than any others.

P.S. I have *not* had a chance to make up an imager post abut MOULAwakening or the Radio Free D'ni events. Hope to do that tomorrow...

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Just a few updates:

* Did some CC'ing for the 4th of July even during the last week
 * Also checked up on the Pubs for notes/messages...Nothing major to report except in the GoC...Found a message from a person tryign to contact GoC, forwarded a copy to Nalates. Updated GoMe imager.
 * I also plan to do some CC'ing for the AGM next week as the date was pushed back on week...Will also likely include info about the Radio Free D'ni concertn on the 12th.

Anys, that's it from me at the moment.

(/salute)